Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
kinda like
Mon - H (3-4 exercises, 4-6 sets x 4-6 reps)
Tue - off
Wed - M (4-5 exercises 3-4 sets x 8-10 reps)
thur - Cardio (complexes, tyre flipping etc)
Friday -L (5-6 exercises 2-3 sets x 10-15 reps)
sat - H
sun - off
mon - M
Yeah that sound workable.

I'd go a little different and concentrate on a calender week that way you have the option of expanding. I'd have 4 different full body sessions made up. Two of them based on heavy stuff, they will be your H and M days. Two of them based on lighter dumbbell work, complexes or even superset/pre-exhaust stuff if you like (yeah, yeah I know, but it's a light day so shoot me!).

That way you start with H/L/M/L, this can then be expanded out later if you have the recovery ability to go H/L/M/M.

Some guidlines than I like to make recovery easier:
  • Bench/Squat on your Heavy day. Stick to barbell lifts, even some of the useful partial lifts (partial overheads, partial curls etc).
  • Strictly dumbbell and isolation work on your light day(s).
  • Medium day can have more of a focus on Overhead Pressing and deadlifting. Also concentrate on tricker lifts with longer ROM, like Incline Presses, Wide grip chins.

Again, loads of ideas in my log here.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote