View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
There ya go then, we got ourselves the basis of a routine already!

So we're looking at low reps, up to 4 days a week but no more. You're an intelligent guy Carl, i'd just sit down for 10 minutes and piece together a routine based on:

Your favourite lifts
How often you can perform each lift
Arrange exercises toward a H/L/M schedule.
Plan on avoiding cardio near your heavy days.

So plan your own, based on what you know works. We've already established a few ground rules that you want, so we're pretty much there.
Im thinking perhaps 4 Fullbody worhouts per week, One heavy (low reps) one medium (medium reps) one light (high reps), then start again on heavy and just rotate...

kinda like
Mon - H (3-4 exercises, 4-6 sets x 4-6 reps)
Tue - off
Wed - M (4-5 exercises 3-4 sets x 8-10 reps)
thur - Cardio (complexes, tyre flipping etc)
Friday -L (5-6 exercises 2-3 sets x 10-15 reps)
sat - H
sun - off
mon - M

etc etc...

or am i really barking up the wrong tree, ive never tried to program something like this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Ive never had fat loss as a goal but Ill give you my best advice from what ive heard and read.

I would go with a 3 days a week fullbody routine like Wendlers 5/3/1 fullbody or the Texas Method, and then do GPP / Cardio in the shape of hillsprints, sledpulls, box jumps and KB swings etc on every other day. That and a clean diet, the macros and cal counting i leave to the pro's at the board

Good luck with this C!
Im definitely thinking of hill sprints, KB swings, complexes and stuff for cardio, arranged around the light and medium days...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote