View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Awesome, so what we need initially at least is a fat loss plan. The only thing here is people go about this in tremendously different ways. What has worked for me the past 4-5 months is what I've documented in my log since I started posting here. The way I go about cutting is to really shove up my weekly volume and then calorie reduction and some cardio on top of that, for a number of reasons that's better for me. I like the benefits of a very balanced, high volume, high repetition routine. But others will say stick to the same routine but manipulate calories and cardio.

So for fat loss, I think you need to decide what's best for you. If you wanted to go the high volume route check out my log for ideas, as well as the article I wrote for here recently.

For strength gain after that, I'd say a Full Body routine would be the way to go as well. Perhaps with a variety of reps and lifts throughout the week.

If any of this sounds good just say, and I can expand with some example routines etc.
well i prefer lower reps as I like to lift as heavy as possible (ego I know ), I dont really have time to be in the gym more than 4 days per week lifting. I can add in some cardio (road running) on off days and I have about an hour or so in the gym, so i could do cardio PWO if my workouts were short enough in length to get done in say 45-50 mins...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote