View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
My first suggestion would be to pick a goal!

Me personally I alternate periods of the year for various things. Some months i'll be gaining weight/strength on abbreviated routines. Other months I'll be going for fat loss and will train up to 5 full body sessions a week with that prior base of strength.

How about thinking a little more long term. Plan out where you want to be (training wise) in 12 months and break it down from there. You can accomplish all that you wish in that list, but I believe having specific phases where you bump up one factor while maintaining the other will work best.
Well first goal is to trim down the fat. i want to see if there has been any muscle built this last year or so. But I really dont want to lose any strength whilst doing it. I know everyone will tell me there has to be some strength loss but I really dont want there to be, plus if i am only losing fat then i think I can maintain strength and muscle mass as much as possible.

Once I have stripped down to a lowish bodyfat (so circa 10%) and i can see what kind of base i have, then I will look to adding some size and perhaps competing (bb'ing) if I have a decent kind of shape. I have never been at a low bf% and am just curious to see what kind of shape I have under the fat if that makes sense.

In 12 months i would like to be as close to comp ready as possible.

So vacation in a month, then after that cut for 4-6 months (however long it is to get to 10% ish bf), then a real slow build and depending on what i have got look to competing, or at least getting to that kind of muscularity where i could compete if I dropped the necessary 4-6% to get ultra shreaded if thats what i decide I want to do...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote