Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Cleans aren't super hard to teach if 1. the teacher truly understand them and 2. they are actually with the person. Explaining it in writing is really tough. I've been doing cleans the whole time I've been training, since my introduction to lifting was on the freshman weightlifting team, and I agree that it's an amazing lift that can work a lot of your body.

Meh, I guess the person you're teaching has to have some degree of coordination as well. That can be 3.

If someone were to try to teach themself how to clean, I'd suggest the same thing I did while I was working on my own golf swing, whitch is to find sequence pictures online and try to replicate those positions. But once you learn to thrust the hips and rack the bar correctly, the rest is repetition and progression.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote