View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yep, little things like that catch people out. A lifter friend of mine got red lighted for not beginning a squat with his legs completely locked out, he walked out but was so nervous he was sort of hunched up. I've seen guys get failed for the silliest things but it's all part and parcel of the Meet. Rarely will you attend a Meet without some sort of rule drama. Just try and make sure you're not the one getting caught out.
I'll do my best.

Quote:

I'd also practice the unrack and press commands.
  • The first command in the Bench is to unrack, you communicate with your spotter and get the bar handed to you.
  • The next command is after you've lowered it and paused, the judge will say "press" and you'll raise it from your chest to lockout.
  • Then make sure you pause! Wait for the judge to say "rack" and THEN rack it.

The squat is similar, you have two commands: One to "squat" after you've unracked it. And the second to "rack" after you have hopefully made the squat.
I got in a little practice on Saturday. I did a semi mock meet. I'll have to do a bit more practice without weight this week.

Quote:

The deadlift is simpler, when your name is called you have your allotted time to lift the bar. The only command is at the top, where you are told to lower the bar. Usually the ref will hold his hand up and then lower it, when he wants you to lower the bar.

That sounds perfect. At my first competition (the Strongman one) I bought fruit juice which just gave me the worst stomach ache throughout the day. In my later competitions I would typically have sandwiches and bananas as you said, that works well.

The Meets I would attend would usually begin at 9am with the weigh-ins. The first lifts would start at 10am and we'd lift through to about 4pm.
Thanks for all the input Fazc. One good thing is that I'm not a big daytime eater. I don't plan on doing much other than grazing unless I need to.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote