View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Looks good, if anything I'd be a little more conservative with the Bench. Out of everything the Bench is the one which will give you the most issues due to squatting before hand and equipment (the actual bench stand) which is usually quite different. Also unusual spotters, etc etc you get the idea.

Squatting and Deadlifting shouldn't give you any issues apart from nerves, and i'm sure you can handle that.

Do you know what you're going to pack, food wise?

EDIT - Also have you practised commands during training? Rack/unrack Unrack/Press etc with a decent spotter acting like a judge. That is always something that seems to trip up new competitors.

Overall I think you'll have a blast.
Thanks Fazc. Bench is an area of concern. I have had the habit of benching head up for the last 2 years and need to make sure I don't do this at the meet. I have been practicing the last 3 weeks but I still forget. I need to write it on my hand or something.

Food wise I have protein bars, whey and bananas. I am also thinking about taking along some sandwiches...meat, cheese, butter, tomatoes that sort of thing.

Not really sure how long the average meet takes.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote