View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nevermind:

Quote:
Every athlete will be tested on arrival and prior to finals by urinalysis. We do not believe polygraphs are acceptable as, by law, we cannot restrict someone’s professional opportunities based on something NOT admissible in a court of law. We also perform a physical screening and have demerits on our score sheets for having an un-natural physique. All of our judges have been in this industry for a long time and can certainly tell the difference.
"Certainly"...This makes me a bit uneasy. The chairman of a very major federation recently stood up for a ripped 5'10" 210 lifter being natural. I don't mean to sound cynical. I am simply not a fan of this standard.

I also don't like the exclusion of polygraph either. "Physique screening" can only go so far.

I think these are interesting topics. There is a lot of money on the line.

Not trying to poke a wasp's nest. Just trying to figure out the contest dynamics.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote