View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBuildingBlock View Post
Is it safe to say that over 40% Carbs is too much?
I have heard 50%Protein, 35%Carbs, 15% Fat if you are trying to gain Muscle while staying lean. Not sure sure it's just what I hear. Thanks Man
It's harder to add fat from over-eating lean meat protein, as far as I understand it. Dairy protein, I'm not sure.

If you eat 3500 calories, and have a 50% protein ratio, that's some serious coin you'll be shelling out for protein. I believe NT is doing a clean bulk.

That's as about as much as I can add to this conversation. I'm not much of a PCF guy.

Are you familiar with your maintenance levels, and do you own a skin fold caliper? The reason I ask is that I see many guys using online calculators to determine daily calories and they aren't very accurate.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-21-2009 at 06:47 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote