Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
It's extremely important to build a good foundation of strength right at the beginning, even if your goals are purely aesthetic. This is because that foundation of strength will make it much easier to build the mass you want in bodybuilding. If your chest is lagging, it's much easier to build it up if you can bench 300 than if you've never worried about strength and can't bench 200.
Excellent post.

I remember reading a comment from Kim Chizevsky, former Ms. Olympia, about the flexing the weight and feeling the muscle. She said when she first started training she had no muscle to flex and found it hard to really concentrate on isolating anything so she just trained heavy. She said the heavier she trained the more mass she built and the easier it became to finally be able to flex the weight and feel the muscle. She recommended that to everyone.

The honesty of the statement made so much sense to me even though I had only just started training at that point. Looking back now, almost 12 years later, it's one of the most sensible comments by a mainstream bodybuilder i've read.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote