Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

It wasnt that I saw it as obsessive/excessive, its what others (family, friends) opinioned as being obsessive /excessive:

When I started a few years ago (my very first goal quest was to lose 45 pounds), I studied: The calories and macros in food, and wrote down the amounts in a hand written notebook every morsel that I shoveled in my mouth. I took all the mouthy flak for months and kept doing it because (for me) it was the right thing to do, and didnt give a flying "flap" what other thought of it. Still don't.

Now, it erases what others may have a problem with when going out to eat, eating things on a whim (Like when offered something, etc): I can look at it and make an accurate approximation of calories and macros on the fly as I live life. It was a pain in the ass, but it has taught me well.

When I first started, it was volume. Doing far too much, and my shoulders suffered miserably. I injured my left shoulder, which required:

"I am being stupid"--and as a result, "I need to let my injury heal now, lay in my bed I had made--eat it for breakfast, and when done, I hope I shit out a smarter and wiser turd".

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 08-14-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote