Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike_russett View Post
I posted this on another forum and everyone was telling me its different. I was a little confused. A few told me to focus on pump and that strength wasnt important.
You gotta bear in mind that most people have a general idea of what works for them, but absolutely no idea how to adapt that when giving advice to others that may be in different situation.

I'm not saying that to be controversial but it's true. Most people would agree that a beginner needs different training to an advanced trainee yet most don't stop to make the connection before they start to ramble.

The purpose as a beginner is to build a foundation, which includes mastery of form on the big exercises, a decent work capacity and a decent level of bulk your first 10-15lbs if you want to get specific. Once that is done then you can branch out to the various specilities.

Not trying to be all self-important here, but understanding this point will help you in sifting through the crap, the BS and the big ego's out there.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote