View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I like the workout it looks pretty good to me, there is a lot of volume but you are young so I believe that you can handle it with no problem. I like to do front squats with a bit higher rep scheme so I would suggest somewhere from 8-12 reps and like 3 sets would be good.

Also, I think you have too much forearm if you are going to be doing strongman stuff consistently. For me, sandbags and farmers walk really tear up my forearms better than any other type of wrist curl or machine. If you think you need it then go for it, but I hate when sore forearms cause me to miss a lift. One other thing that is just my personal opinion I would substitute rear delt work with another compound row movement or pullups, I think you being a somewhat beginner lifter you do not need to target the rear delts yet.

Otherwise I think everything looks great, what are your plans for progression? 5 pounds each workout or something like that?
-i havent used much volume so we'll have to see how i handle it
-i'll go with 3x8-12 on front squats
-the reason for all the forearm work is because this is the problem with my deadlift.... not sure if you checked out the link to that 5x5 calculator that im using for deadlift progression... it will have me lifting somewhat light wieght for a while, so my grip wont be worked hard there... idk ill see
-the reason for the rear delt work was because i had previously been told i needed it. it just seemed to me like im hitting front delts so hard i would need to balance it out. my concern with adding another compound movement is i already have a ton of volume.
-ill post my progression plan up in a minute-next post
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)