View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Good point I forgot to mention on assistance exercises, they should be corespondent to the point where you stall with the bar. Can't budge it of the ground some front squats will help, can't lock it out good mornings and various extension movements will help as well as an assortment of things.

BTB why don't you try deadlifting from 3inch and 6inch rubber mats for a while? You can still do rest pause style. If anything I would do 3 inch deadlifts one week for a one rep max, the next week rest pause deficit deadlifts with around 70% of your max to let your cns recover, the week after try your hand at 6 inch mats, and pound the assistance.
I've tried them in the past, but never for an extended period of time.

How often do you do 90%+ singles? I am trying to find a good approach to raising my deadlift, but don't want to overtrain heavy singles.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote