Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I will add this to what BBG said. I've been doing heavy singles at 80-88%+ this past year, and my deadlift is suffering - it hasn't budged. I've performed them religiously, once a week. I was experimenting with "lighter" singles to see if it would benefit my deadlift total. In one year my max dropped 45 pounds.

I've found that the only times my deadlift goes up is when I do singles at 90%+ each week. Not many, mind you. But some. All the "under 90%" work doesn't seem to help me.

I've also found good mornings and front squats to be beneficial.

BTW, I prefer to do heavy deadlift singles in waves of 4 weeks. Something like 85, 90, 95, new max. Like I said, if I linger too low, my deadlift suffers.
Good point I forgot to mention on assistance exercises, they should be corespondent to the point where you stall with the bar. Can't budge it of the ground some front squats will help, can't lock it out good mornings and various extension movements will help as well as an assortment of things.

BTB why don't you try deadlifting from 3inch and 6inch rubber mats for a while? You can still do rest pause style. If anything I would do 3 inch deadlifts one week for a one rep max, the next week rest pause deficit deadlifts with around 70% of your max to let your cns recover, the week after try your hand at 6 inch mats, and pound the assistance.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote