View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
This is a nice idea, and I wish it would take off nicely. Although I dont want to be a spoilsport, BTB, consider this - most noobs, after lifting for a month, cease to consider themselves a noob. Evidence? Look no further than the "Workout Programs" section in bodybuilding.com.

what I fear is a number of posters (as has happened in bb.com) will not read the stickies (after all, stickies arent as sexed up as wxyz muscle mag, and unlike the musclemags wont preach 20 sets of concentration curl routines). Slowly, this will lead to a number of "rate my routine" threads, where the original posters will listen to only what they want to listen. In fact, this is one of the reasons why many good and experienced posters stopped posting in bb.com, except in the journal section and contest prep section.

The real challenge is how to get a noob accept that he is a noob, and then get him on track in the right direction. Luckily, one advantage MAB has over other sites is that MAB isnt out there to promote anything (supps, training programs) and so you can afford to regulate the quality of posting.

This is a very nice idea though; hope it will work out fine.
personally i think this is a great idea, but i do agree that this can create problems, so you have to be diligent at regulating the quality of posters. Also one advantage here is that if a noob refuses our help we can beat him with a plate till he understands
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote