View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #28
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

The dimas vid is one of my favorites. His speed on his jerks is amazing.

It is said a lot that olympic lifting is explosive, and that it doesn't have much carryover. I really have to disagree with that opinion.

Yes, Olympic lifting is explosixe, I'm not going to argue that point. However the explosive strength needed to clean 400lbs, and then put it overhead does in fact have a great carryover to other strength aspects.

The push out of the hole on the front squatted portion is not an explosive lift. that is a pure strength feat with maximum effort to complete.

Perfect technique in executing the lifts can make or break a limit attempt for a world class lifter. Thats not what we are talking about. We are simply taking the useful aspects and incorporating them back into a lifting program, much like they once were.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote