The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!
Default Bruteforce's Computer Corner

Thought I would make a thread to post my observations on computers, computer security, my unfounded fear of cat5 ethernet cable, and anything else tech related rather than spreading it far and wide.

Today's Topic: Security - Why you should have at least two accounts for your PC.

It occurs to me that a lot of people only have one real account for their computer, be it Mac, Windows, or even Linux. This account is a heavy duty, administrative account. This is bad. Here's why.

If you have only one account, you open yourself up to MUCH more in the way of malware. If youíre surfing the web with your admin account, any malicious software you end up with on your PC has your account permissions. Not a big deal if itís a low level account with no permissions, but if youíre an admin, the malware now has free reign over your system, anti-virus software not withstanding.

Consider using your admin account ONLY when you need to install software or change system settings and using a locked down account for browsing and other activities. This can greatly reduce your headaches.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links