View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post

Athletes good at one sport, are often good at a number of other sports. But when one particular sport becomes attractive, the best talent is attracted there, thereby bringing down the level of talent available to the other sports.
Excellent post, and this last quote really sums it up nicely.

Quote:
There is a good reason why the ancient Romans looked at sports as a measure of development of a country.
Very good point.

Along these lines, post-1950 I think things in the USA became gradually more comfortable. Correct me if I'm wrong here. As the comfort level grew, so did interest in sports on the big level. Football, basketball, hockey all expanded into greater degrees of prominence.

Heck, we have countless college teams that pack large arenas night in and night out.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote