Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Spart...congrats on the PR. I see some things that we need to help you fix. Your hips are coming up and you're losing leverage. You would be able to pull more if we get this ironed out.

Do you concentrate on leading the lift with the head? I see when you tug on the bar your hips come up and your eyes go down. This is a sign to me that you're not leading with the head, but rather trying to pull the bar off the ground.

Think about standing up instead of pulling the bar off the ground. Standing is a natural movement that forces you to lead with the head, and generally helps you to keep better leverage. On the other hand, when you focus on pulling the bar off the ground, the hips tend to shoot up.

Think...stand up with the bar in my hands; lead with the head.
Thanks! That was an ahhh moment! It makes a lot more sense than trying to pull it off the ground. I just want to try it tomorrow at the gym lol.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote