View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #34
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Spart...congrats on the PR. I see some things that we need to help you fix. Your hips are coming up and you're losing leverage. You would be able to pull more if we get this ironed out.

Do you concentrate on leading the lift with the head? I see when you tug on the bar your hips come up and your eyes go down. This is a sign to me that you're not leading with the head, but rather trying to pull the bar off the ground.

Think about standing up instead of pulling the bar off the ground. Standing is a natural movement that forces you to lead with the head, and generally helps you to keep better leverage. On the other hand, when you focus on pulling the bar off the ground, the hips tend to shoot up.

Think...stand up with the bar in my hands; lead with the head.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote