Fat, Pale, Weak
Max Brawn
Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beer
austin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My theory...no one cares. Well, very few care. I say this respectfully, but I hope my point is understood.

It's not a sport that attracts a lot of young quality athletes in the US. It's not a sport we are passionate about.

I surely have no clue what I'm talking about though, so I'd like to hear your opinion....
I have a few opinions on this article without even reading it.
1. Lyle is a complete DB, I have interacted with him on other sites. He has a good brain as far as nutrition and exercise, but cant apply it for himself.
2. Oly lifting is very hard and takes a crazy amount of dedication.
3. The US has a ton of other options as far as sports go, and most of thos sports are seasonal, requiring dedication for only a few months out of the year.
4. There isnt much money to be made with Oly lifting.
5. Where there isnt much money, there arent a ton of qualified coaches
6. A lack of qualified coaches means that anyone interested needs to be lucky enough to live close to a coach or learn on their own, which is really hard to do.
austin.j.taylor is offline   Reply With Quote