Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
It's quite the opposite here. Here, you have parents forcing their children into 3-4 sports at a time, trying to make up for the fact that they, themselves, were never athletes. Parents whose kids are their sport, per sea.

The kids in my neighborhood ride their bikes, play b-ball and have named two open patches of grass after the MD and NY football stadiums. My son has tried every organized sport except basketball and wants to try that this year.

That said, the addictive nature of video games has put an overall dent in the physical activity of males in general.

/end threadjack
You're not kidding about those damn video games! As a couple of you know, I'm enlisted in the Army, shipping in a few more months. When I travelled up to jacksonville to finish my processing I stayed at a hotel with about 40 other kids enlisting. There is a room set aside for the future soldiers with TVs and computers. When I went into the room to tell them I was going for a run I saw 20 kids playing video games, about half of which were war games.

A bunch of skinny, pasty, energy drink addicted future soldiers sitting around playing video games. They're going to get a wake up call soon. . .very soon.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote