View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Most days I'm surprised we can field little league teams any more. My wife and I drove through our town of 50k yesterday on the way home and saw only 2 kids outside "playing". Both were riding bikes. Didn't see a single boy shooting hoops or playing baseball.
It's quite the opposite here. Here, you have parents forcing their children into 3-4 sports at a time, trying to make up for the fact that they, themselves, were never athletes. Parents whose kids are their sport, per sea.

The kids in my neighborhood ride their bikes, play b-ball and have named two open patches of grass after the MD and NY football stadiums. My son has tried every organized sport except basketball and wants to try that this year.

That said, the addictive nature of video games has put an overall dent in the physical activity of males in general.

/end threadjack