The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

All the symptoms of over-training are there. Malaise, no motivation, unable to concentrate. Supposedly you're supposed to take time off when this happens.

If only it was regarding lifting.

Work is almost impossible to focus on these past couple weeks. The gym is going great, good focus and energy, but sitting down in front of the computer and creating architecture for a new database or updating some old code in a program I wrote is daunting.

I don't feel at home in my own skin anymore. I love picking up heavy things, putting them down, and then trying to pick up something heavier. I want to dedicate my life to that. Probably the wrong time for a career change, but it sounds nice right now.

Think I'll take a vacation once my current project finishes next week. Some extra rest and time away from work might do me some good.

/rant
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote