T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine
Default Unpredictable Weekly Performance

No. 2 - The weight room is an unpredictable place. Sometimes it's crowded, sometimes gloriously empty. Some days you're strong, some days not.

I got frustrated today when I failed on my last set of Bench Presses. I had every intention of smashing out at least one more rep than last week, but on the second rep, last set, as I pulled the weight to my chest, I felt it like air being let out of a balloon, my strength was gone. I got it up but I was done. Frustrating.

I realized that Bench Press is the only exercise in which I can never predict how strong I'll be from week to week. Squats, Deads - if it calls for six reps, I'm doing six reps! 99% of the time I can push through it. Bench is a different story. The form correction I made works great as evidenced by last weeks strong showing. This week, I am disappointed in my strength.

I know bad weeks happen and I'm not letting this bum me out to much, I was strong everywhere else. It could be partly due to the distracting crowd in the gym. Last week, gym was dead, I did great. This week, gym was crowded I did worse. Unpredictability.

/end self-therapeutic diatribe.

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote