Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I would also add that I believe most Westside lifters to use training gear. As I have never trained heavy in gear, I am not sure of it's impact. But I do wonder how much this changed the Westside dynamic.

Maybe I am speaking out of school here...
Yep maybe, i've had some experience with gear. Typically the time taken to take the gear on/off as well as considerably work on the main lifts doesn't really lend itself well to a full body. You can imagine trying to do a geared Bench, geared squat and geared deadlift on your Monday heavy day! Not gonna happen, it'd be like doing a full meet at the start of every week.

When I trained for power (whether geared or not) my training looked like this:

1)

Bench 5x1 , 5x5
Rows 5x5
Incline DB. Press 5x10
Cable Rows 5x10

2)

Squat singles
Arched GMs singles to to triples
Leg Press 3x5
Abs 5x10

3)

Overhead Press 5x1, 5x5
Chins 5x10
Incline Bench 5x10
Cable Row 5x10

4)

Deadlift upto 5 doubles
Either deficit or partial singles
Ab work

These sessions would take an hour to two hours sometimes. If you figure a geared lifter is going to be doing at least as much work on the main lifts and perhaps some prehab etc which is popular, the time really begins to run up.

Also back to the discussion, the above routine could be adapted quite easily to a more bodybuilding type approach.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote