View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

From speaking to guys in my gym who compete in gear that is exactly what happens. I know Dean, 75kg's lifter, has two suits. One training suit and an uber tight meet suit. The meet suit gives him about 10-15kg's more on his lift BUT even when squatting 240kg's+, he finds it very difficult to hit depth. This is due in part to the thickness of the material and in part due to the tightness. Essentially you need weight to push you down. It also takes a LONG time to get to depth which means you're having to stay tight for WAY longer than a RAW lift. All challenges geared lifters must overcome.

Andy is squatting in a multi ply suit and probably has briefs under the suit as well. That is a LOT of tension that he needs to push down to hit depth.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote