Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice post Fazc. I don't know much about John Davis and his training, and wasn't aware that Peoples would shift focus like that.
I bought the back collection of the Dino Files some years ago, there was quite a lot of information about Davis in them. Kubik seemed quite impressed with his accomplishments.

This is going from memory but what he would typically do is something like this:

M/W/F

Snatch 5 x doubles
Squat 3 x 5

M/W/F

Clean & Jerk 5 doubles
Squat 3 x 5

He'd work the Snatch & Squat for a few weeks untill he felt a plateau and then switch to the C&J & Squat. I also heard he would Bench for 5 x triples every now and again too.

I'm sure he would have done some accessory work and quite frankly if we consider who wrote this I wouldn't be surprised if it was abbreviated to fit more in line with the Dino philosophy and whatever strawman he was trying to knock over at the time But I digress!

I'm inclined to believe the 5 doubles or 5 singles approach as that was typical of the Oly lifters at the time such as Stanko and the York lot. Hepburn had an epiphany and soon after raised the bar doing upto 10 singles which was his *magic formula* as he put it in his biography.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote