With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
This discussion brings up an important question...How did you figure out you had bad form and how did you go about fixing it?
Well as far as benching goes...I was pinned under the bar pretty easily. haha I did have some big guy there the first day who helped me out with a lot of advice; never got a chance to thank him (never saw him there again after that day) but he was certainly a big help in the early days. Also got a lot of tips from Dave Tate's videos.

Squats...I wasn't breaking parallel and I knew it. Had to lower the weight and start again and at the same time I saw more instructional videos from Dave Tate and the guys at Westside on how to break with the hips first and drive up properly. After that I watched endless hours of Olympic lifters squatting, figured out my niche, and got loads better.

For some reason I seem to have better technique in the gym than I did at my first competition...I don't know if that's a common occurrence.