The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Let's talk horrible exercise form.

What exercises did you botch as a novice?

Which exercises were you royally messing up as a novice, and how long did it take before you learned that your form was incorrect or horrendous?
Just about everything.

Squats were atrocious, but the movement i was doing has lent itself to a better understanding of a powerlifting goodmorning. This has begun to get better over the past 6 months with big improvements in the past 4 weeks.

Bench: Arms flared to 90 degrees or more. Thank God I couldn't press more than 115 starting out. Still room for improvement, but now my shoulders are usually pretty good afterwards.

Deadlift: I really just didn't get it. My body didn't move that way. This is one of the rare cases where trap bar deadlifting saved my ass. It got me to understand the idea of reaching down without flexion in the spine. This is now my favorite it biggest lift. Note that all deadlifts these days are with a straight bar.

Honorable mention: Situps - sitting all the way up on a hard floor wrecked my tailbone after a few weeks. - Lunges helped a lot, previous injury to the area made me prone for irritation back there. (Fell out of a tree as a kid and cracked it)

Dis-honorable mention: When I first started in the gym, trainer had me squatting on a physio ball. We have since parted ways.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote