View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #129
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quotes from Martin Rooney:

Quote:
If you're not going to stay consistent and put in the hours, weeks, months, or years, I don't care what you know...If your butt isn't in the gym I don't want to hear about how you're not getting results. And continuity isn't that complicated. Hell, if you did a couple hundred pushups, 100 squats, 100 chin-ups, 50 deadlifts, and 50 bench presses every week for five years and ate pretty well you'd be in pretty good shape.
Quote:
Training six days per week isn't going to do anything for your body but break it down unless you've got recovery built in.
Quote:
That's the classic nature of people, though. We'll skip the basics and get pissed when the sexy stuff doesn't work.
Quote:
Let's cut through the crap, all periodization means is to have a plan. Preferably one you've thought about for a while and wrote down. I don't care if it's for a day or a week as long as you have one. And really, I never go beyond a week of training because you can't see that far into the future and predict your results. You gotta go with what your body can give you that day.
Quote:
I'm not against any lift. I don't think anyone really has a true understanding of what the body can and can't endure. But I am against power cleans if you're not strong enough to clean two socks off the floor.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote