View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default My 13yr old Daughter made the connection with arm training.

So, I haven't really trained in 3 months, and I've lost some size. Most noticeably in my arms. Where at one point they were pushing 16", they are now 14.5". I have lost some weight, and have been under a lot of stress, and I'm nearly 50, so there are multiple factors involved in how fast my body seeks balance.

I lifted when I got home last night and as I was sitting on the chair in my room, my 13yr old walks in. She remarked, "What happened to your arm, it use to be huge and have a big bump?"

I explained that basically what I said in the first paragraph, and that I hadn't been training my arms. She got a very puzzled look on her face, and asked, "What have you been training?"

So I proceed to show her the program and actually act out the moves of my program, which is olympic lift based. After showing her a,

Deadlift
Front squat
Overhead press
overhand chin
Dips

She says, "All of those moves work your arms!" I think she would have liked to have included "Dumbazz" in that sentance as well

Then I explained that I was not doing BB curls. Know what she said. "SO! You're still working your arms with the moves that you showed me!"

I do have to agree with her that I'm working my arms, but not in the context that so many would consider as an arm routine. She see's the connection of those moves to an arm workout. She doesn't do this, because she is my Daughter, and is around me. She saw this because she wasn't worried about building arms, and being fixated on the idea.

The next time you think you need MOAR arm work remember this. A 13yr old girl has better sense than you do.

Last edited by glwanabe; 07-27-2012 at 03:10 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links