Thread: My Story So Far
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great story Gaz. Thanks for sharing. We share some similarities in our journey. I was very active earlier in life - running, baseball and basketball. I joined the military and start drinking, smoking and chasing tail. When I left the military I gained quite a bit of weight, simply because my activity level dropped. Lifting has been the only consistency throughout. It has been my source of confidence.

You have lifting and life in a healthy perspective, and that is always good to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz6682 View Post

-Listen. You have two ears and one mouth. Listen twice as much as you talk. Listen to those who have been there and done it and benefit from their experience.
-Form. Form is paramount, crack your form and the weight will follow.
-Diet. If you want get big eat, if you want to lose weight eat less. It doesn't have to be much more complicated than that for a beginner.
-Compounds.Do them. I dont care how bad for your back you think they are.
-Supplements.Stick to the basics, ignore fancy packaging and clever marketing and worry about whats in them.
-Criticism.Don't let Billy Biceps put you off with his 10 sets of 15 every day. Concentrate on you and your goals and the gains will come.
-Literature.If anything seems too good to be true it probably is. If it starts with "ripped in 30 days" don't waste your hard-earned cash. You get nothing in this game without working hard for it.
-Patience. Lastly but probably most important of all is patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. Be persistent, keep pushing yourself in all that you do and never, EVER give up.
^ That is a great list. A road map to success.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote