View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I don't really like any lifts that are easy to perform. I would rather do the ones that are taxing, and manage sets and volume, than to waste time on something that isn't building strength.

The only thing that holds me back from some of my favorites, zerchers especially, is the burden they place on the lower back.

I found that I can handle quite a bit of heavy deadlifting, but if I add in zerchers, good mornings and front squats my lower back fatigues. So I would rather deadlift.

I like every set to be hard. I like that feeling of walking on the edge, but doing it intelligently.

I usually structure my assistance work based on experiences. For example, sumos deadlifts seem to help my hammies and adductors during squats, so I add them in to fill that need. Too many RDLs tax my hips so I have to be careful.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote