View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
So, the big 3(4) lifts are static, but for assistance work i think the most of us have lifts that we prefer to do, that feels "safe" and on which we can handle weight with confidence. Atleast I have.

What struck me, is that every workout that includes assistance lifts, should include atleast one exercise that you absolutely hate to perform, on which form is bad and weight moved is ridicilously low.

By doing this, over time, I bet that some unknown week areas will be shown and taken care off, and that new overall strength is won.

Thoughts on this?
When training for a powerlifting focus I definitely think that assistance moves should be hard to perform OR difficult moves. The reason for this is that you don't want your assistance to sap your strength and recovery time for the main lifts. Choosing difficult to perform exercises or ones that you hate, is definitely a good way to achieve this.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote