View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
The one question this thread brings to mind is--on natural sites, you can see a discussion of say, shoulders, and someone will post a picture of a pro like Yates (this happened on the other site a few weeks ago). I don't think that makes sense. I think the images posted on natural sites should be of natural people. Or else, the owners of said sites are, themselves, perpetuating unrealistic expectations.
Excellent point. I especially hate it when the article is written BY a natural FOR other naturals, and then it's littered with pictures of drugged bodybuilders.

When I tell newer lifters that the average 5'10" male should end up around 200 lbs in lean condition with 16" arms...they get frustrated because they think they will end up looking like the pros.

Another hard pill to swallow is the strength standards for the average natural guys. I tell them that they should be able to bench 300, squat 400, and deadlift 500 after several years of hard effort. But their views are skewed by drugged lifters, guys that post numbers but use gear, and internet-inflated lift numbers.

BTW, I didn't come up with those numbers, those are the numbers from McRoberts' books. But they seem pretty realistic when compared to my own progress and the progress of other naturals that I have followed.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote