1. Finish my PhD and graduate before 2010
2. Follow-up on some of the research I did as a masters student way back in 2006
3. After graduation, get a post-doctoral research position in a good university.
1. Bench Press: 165 x 5 (current max) ---> 215 x 5 + 235 x 1
2. Squats: 245 x 5 (current max) ---> 315 x 5 + 345 x 1
3. Deadlift: 280 x 5 (current 1RM) ---> 355 x 5 + 385 x 1
4. Cleans: improve my form, before really focusing on any numbers
5. Military Press: 125 x 5 (current max) ---> 165 x 5
6. Train 1RM for the big 3 and get a 950+ total, preferably even 1000.
1. 1 inch on arms would be nice, but I will set a more realistic target of 1/2 inch gain because (see next bullet). Also hope to add about an inch on the chest and lose about 2-3 inches from the waist.
2. I plan to cut BF% down to 10% from current levels of nearly 15%
3. Get some pecs and a wider shoulder and back
4. A Steve Reeves is my BB ideal, but for this year, I will be happy enough to get to the Grecian ideal, based on my wrist measurements
EDIT: Dont know where to ask it, but since it is related to my goals, here goes:
1. Anybody here did stomach vacuums regularly and observed good results? If so, please advice on how you approached them (sets, reps, seconds held). Personally, I tried them a few times (reps) and find them boring. Will skip if they dont trim the waistline much.
2. Good stretching exercise for lat width - do you think a 29 yr old can increase the shoulder/upper lat width by stretching in addition to pull-ups etc? If so, which are the ones that you prefer/have tried out?
Last edited by kitarpyar; 12-15-2009 at 04:55 AM.