View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My main goal each day is to help lifters understand reasonable natural goals. What frustrates me the most is that this industry has gotten so out of control that very few lifters, natural or not, understand what impressive natural strength and muscle gains are anymore.

A raw 500 pound squat seems like an absolute joke when in fact it is an impressive feat for a natural. 180 pounds ripped seems like an absolute joke when in fact many natural pros don't compete at 180.

I understand that these two classes will always exist...like Marc said, ASA vs. NASCAR.

The problem is that this industry is so jammed packed with misinformation that when realistic, but impressive goals are presented, this information gets attacked from every side.

The AAS users with supra-natural numbers and weights don't want folks to know that these numbers and sizes aren't possible naturally, because it hints at their drug use. So they attack the information, saying it is limiting, incorrect, or that "potential can NEVER be measured." Many also want to believe that the impact of these drugs is minimal, or they are in denial or ashamed about how much they actually use.

The naturals, on the other hand, don't want to be limited. When you present them with reasonable, yet impressive goals they start screaming "do not limit me." I have seen this over and over again. But despite this screaming, 99% of them never come close to these figures, size or strength, anyway.

To answer your question Marc, I don't honestly care what people do. But it's not the drugs that I believe is the issue, it's the illegality. If AAS users were free to say "yes I do" then we would hope we would have more defined expectations. But they can't say this.

There are some creeps in this industry who pound the drum of natural, primarily in the realm of bodybuilding. They make me sick. If you're not natural, fine, I respect you. But when you write books and sell products as the natural god, well, don't expect me to become a member of your fan club.

My war will always be about information. I want to educate so that reasonable natural standards can be better understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon
If a person has ethically given juicing the green light, then why aren't they doing it too?
They don't want to.

I am a libertarian at heart. I don't want the government limiting every last thing we do. I want more choice, not less.

I think most of us at our core are very much the same way. We don't always understand or agree with the choices of others, but I think most of us want others to have the freedom to choose.

I don't think pot is worse than alcohol, but I don't want to smoke it. I have responsibilities and can't sit around all day listening to Pink Floyd and blowing bongs.

I believe on the danger scale, pot smoking is probably safer than eating Doritos and drinking soda every day. I give both the green light, because life is fracking tough. It's not always a cake walk. But at the end of the day blowing bongs, eating Doritos, or sticking a needle is your ass - well, I would much rather have you doing that then trying to kill me because I don't believe in your god.

It's an issue of degrees for me Abaddon. There are many things I don't personally like or approve of, but as long as a gun isn't being shoved in my face, I do not have the arrogance to believe that I know what is right or wrong for you.

I cherish freedom. I don't want someone telling me what to do, and I don't want someone telling you what to do.

It's respect for freedom of choice.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-14-2011 at 11:03 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote