Thread: Pull's Log
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Thank you, sir.

As for no benching: I hate it. And it beats up already messed up shoulder to much. Since I'll be dropping the weighted dips, I'll probably be replacing them with a DB floor press or possibly DB incline presses depending on feel --- but thats the closest I'm going to an actual bench press.

Deadlifting does occur, but not very much. I have always been much stronger in the deadlift and it goes up with little direct work. Squat frequency and my closer stance seems to help as well. My last deadlift was a few weeks ago - first time deadlifting in nearly 2 1/2 months and I set a rep PR after maxing out my squat and press. I wish my other lifts did that.
Solid logic. And you'll never find me arguing with anyone who hates the bench...i just suck so terribly at it, i find the need to beat the shit out of it. It's an interesting idea to avoid deadlifting to get better at it, hammering the upper back with rows/PC's. I've actually never stopped deadlifting, might be something to look into at some point.

Definitely going to keep an eye on this log.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote