View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #13
Soldier
Max Brawn

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

I've used intermittent fasting quite a bit. I find it MUCH easier than following a cutting plan where I eat the same amount day in and day out.

At first I was fasting every weekday from 10 at night untill 3:30 the next day, but I found myself having cravings for bad foods, as issue i don't normally have. When I was craving a big mac so bad I could taste it I decided to change things up. I went by my weekly deficit, aiming for 3500 cals to lose 1 lb/week. I would fast Mon, wed, and fri untill 3:30, then break the fast, train, then eat. I took in 1200 cals on these days. On Tues and thurs I would eat 2k cals, then on the weekend I would eat maintenance, around 2400 cals. The 1200 days were hard, but much easier knowing I got to eat a normal amount the next day. I would also add back in the estimated number of cals I burned training. I averaged 1 lb lost a week, without fail.

I made sure to get my proteins and carbs on fasting/training days, and I had great results. I even continued to fast while I was on maintenance, as I enjoyed having periods were I could eat larger amounts of food. I'd just rather have periods of not eating and periods of eating a lot instead of eating a little all the time. It's just so convenient.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote