Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I've used intermittent fasting quite a bit. I find it MUCH easier than following a cutting plan where I eat the same amount day in and day out.

At first I was fasting every weekday from 10 at night untill 3:30 the next day, but I found myself having cravings for bad foods, as issue i don't normally have. When I was craving a big mac so bad I could taste it I decided to change things up. I went by my weekly deficit, aiming for 3500 cals to lose 1 lb/week. I would fast Mon, wed, and fri untill 3:30, then break the fast, train, then eat. I took in 1200 cals on these days. On Tues and thurs I would eat 2k cals, then on the weekend I would eat maintenance, around 2400 cals. The 1200 days were hard, but much easier knowing I got to eat a normal amount the next day. I would also add back in the estimated number of cals I burned training. I averaged 1 lb lost a week, without fail.

I made sure to get my proteins and carbs on fasting/training days, and I had great results. I even continued to fast while I was on maintenance, as I enjoyed having periods were I could eat larger amounts of food. I'd just rather have periods of not eating and periods of eating a lot instead of eating a little all the time. It's just so convenient.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote