DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Bro's vs. Pro's 7
Lindenhurst, NY

405 Deadlift For Reps: 13 (1-rep PR)

^ These 13 were done in exactly 30 seconds, beating my previous PR of 12 reps in 32 or 33 seconds.

- I didn't attempt to do a 14th. Maybe I should've, but I was concerned with them possibly disqualifying me if I rested more than "1 to 1.5 seconds" (their rule) at the bottom. Going into this BVP show, I was informed that a few guys were forced to end prematurely as a result of that rule. Also, both the 12th and 13th reps were tough, especially #13, and I didn't want to have the opportunity to hitch/ramp a 14th because I wouldn't count that as a 2-rep PR if it wasn't clean.

26,000lb Forward Truck Pull: Epic Fail

^ I barely budged the truck maybe a few inches. I couldn't really get it going. It was embarrassing.

- I could list a myriad of excuses, but the best explanation for my sh*tty performance was that my technique was terrible due to lack of experience. Prior to this, I only did truck pulls without a rope, and even those were few and far between. Anyway, I started pulling the rope the wrong way, like an arm-over-arm truck pull, then couldn't get low enough. That won't happen to me again. I'm purchasing a pair of mountain climbing shoes in a few days, along with intending to train with a rope when I do forward truck pulling at Coliseum, hopefully more regularly than in the past.

- There were no weight classes, hence no weigh-in, and this competition was unsanctioned, so it was basically just another day of training for me.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote