View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

Though I am pulled from this reality every day, the truth remains that all the science in the world doesn't mean jack to me as I bend over and grab the bar. It's me versus the bar.

I am not minimizing science. But the biggest and the baddest didn't have a damn clue about training science. They just killed the weight.

I am happy to say that I spent my life killing the weight. I didn't do anything fancy. I learned my body.
The science always has been, and always will be there. You just don't need to take it with you to the bar. The only science you need with you when you lift is you log with your sets written down that your going to perform. Stay the course and stick to the plan.

Keep it as simple as possible, so that you can concentrate on doing a few things really well. Science can explain why your arm is 17", but it was the lifting of the weights that made it so?

Good stuff.

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote