View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
mab54
Max Brawn

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have run a variation of it for over 2 years. I tried the no protein version for 2 months, but lost 7 pounds of muscle. I did caliper readings, and wasn't pleased.

A friend of mine contacted the creator of the Warrior Diet, Ori Hofmekler, at that time and Ori recommended protein feedings during the day. That's what I do right now. I sip on 100% pure whey isolate all morning with no defined limitation, and after dinner I eat all I want. Though right now it is Paleo style.

The Warrior Diet is by far the best fat loss program I have used, but without protein during the underfeeding you "may" lose muscle. Not everyone will. It's also great for energy and awareness.

The late Wesley Silveira advised BCAAs during the underfeeding. In his later years he used the Warrior Diet as well. I tend to do both...protein and BCAAs.

Wesley states that some with lose muscle on a straight Warrior Diet with no underfeeding protein, and some won't. I agree with him 100% on this.
Have you ever tried bulking with that or know of anyone who has? I've wanted to try it for a few months and it would fit nicely with my school schedule.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote