View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
40!!! one of the best routines in my opinion only has 15 working sets 3 days a week

see what i meen though 40 sets will just kill this guys who really want to be weightlifter but when the beginer gains go away and they are still doing 40 sets 5 days a week they will start to lose there new found strength and stop lifting.

I'm sure a routine like that would work for ronnie or cutler or yates but for everyone else no. Even guys who do juice that might be to much.

Though i know guys who weight 5 and 6 days a week and make great gains who are natural but they only work one group and its uselly 3 lifts for3x15 or something close.

I'm saying all this but then you have guys like john bronz(i think is his name) whos has his guys work up to max effort everyday on squats and olympic lifts and make great progress.
It was a Hany Rambod workout. I actually have it on MAB:

FST-7 Five Day Training Split By Hany Rambod - Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

Arm and abs day has 47 sets I believe...

Regarding Broz...they aren't doing a ton of rep work (that I know of). Most Olympic style lifts don't involve a heavy eccentric price. Eccentrics are really the most taxing aspect of major lifts.

Of course, back squatting frequently each day involves eccentrics, but they are certainly not doing 400+ reps each day like the Flex workouts. Not that it isn't taxing in its own right...obviously it is.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote