Old 07-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
BRaWNy
Pain Master
Max Brawn

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

I think excess use of a belt can more easily lead to injury or put some muscles in a risk position, because some muscles do not do the job because of the belt (the belt does the job for them), so they don't have a stimuli needed to become stronger, and they remain weaker proportionally.
You have to use your "physical" belt of the muscles in the area, so that these muscles don't become a weak link in the chain, if you know what I mean.

I work mostly without belt for this reason, but it's OK to wear a belt at the very heavy weights, just to aid for lifting more weight, and it won't have a negative impact to the reason above.

Sorry for my English, sometimes it's a little bit difficult to explain what I think and mean, it's not my "mother" language.

PS.I didn't saw the post of MaB before I posted

Last edited by BRaWNy; 07-22-2009 at 12:27 PM.
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote