Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfdg View Post
Pre-Paleo I lived by the kcal in/ kcal out theory.
Since going Paleo and having been able to walk around at < 10%BF while eating well in excess of my mainatainance kcals I now believe food choices are more important.
I also believe that there are specific foods that even in a kcal defecit will stall fat loss. Dairy products seem to be superior at this. Nature designed milk for massive tissue increase at an accelerated rate.

Although I firmly stand by "No one can out train a poor diet" I think that there are tricks in training that can create a greater metabolic effect towards fat loss, ie. Tabata Protocols, strength & power circuits, etc....
Agreed, but most overestimate the importance of the other stuff to try and trick their body into losing fat without having to actually control their intake. Advanced trainers understand and can use synergy in their diet and training protocalls, but the average person needs to start at cals and work from there, using exercise to support a quality diet.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote