Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Never ceases to amaze me how many people believe that a workout is a magic weight loss bullet. There is this myth for many that if they only find the right workout, the weight will drip off.
After nearly 30 years of exercise, there is one thing I know - the more I exercise, the hungrier I get. Weight loss is about self-control, not workouts.

The diet is King.

The workout is the Queen.

The are forever the married couple.

There is no doubt one can lose "weight" just setting up a calorie deficit, and not perform any workout activity. This stands on the proven basic principles of "weight loss" (emphasis on weight loss). Once a person learns the basics on how to calculate their personal calories, and then create a calorie deficit, a certain level of self discipline/self control are REQUIRED. No amount of crying, or boo hooing, or depression, etc, will change this fact.

It is this very thing that derail many despite their personal diet/fitness knowledge and no matter how many times they fail and return, the basic principles will be there waiting for them as before, and this is one of the first lessons one experiences; however, the aforementioned context does an injustice:

To the power of manipulating the workout to the circumference of the diet to solicit an improved/increased response dependent on the personal goals and/or problems experienced such as: tissue loss plateau's, lowering/emptying glucose storage in conjunction with a calorie deficit, and losing the last few pounds of unwanted tissue, to the ones that are personally knowledgeable and self disciplined.

To the self disciplined, diet and workout manipulation are the kingdom, while diet is sitting as king, and workout as queen. We have to remember that the body adapts very well and having these two to manipulate is paramount to ones success.

The results one obtains will be in direct symmentry to being able to apply what has been learned

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 07-06-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote