View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
method of building clients- (thinking out loud too)
-Be approachable in the gym: people want someone they feel comfortable with and build a relationship
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I don't know if this is too late...but anyway...

Squats and lower body work of that nature are most definitely out.
Low impact cardio such as stationary bike, swimming, walking, would seem fine.
Upper body weight work that does not tax the hip area would work as well.

Hubby has arthritis in hips (plus two replacements) and I sort his exercise plans for him and the above is what I go by...and tweak as I go.

Hope it was of some help.
Thanks Babs i have leg extensions and leg curls for lower, plus biking and walking with maybe some swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shadow View Post

Its gotta be hard to be a trainer and tell people to do some of the most ridiculous things, knowing damn well you'd never do them yourself...
Yes it is going to be very weird for me cuz im a free weight, basics, kind of guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post

It really comes down to each individual and how much their body can take from one day to the next.
Thats the worst part of all this. If i could sit down with an actual person and discuss things i could make a good program for her, but i feel like this way im making a cookie cutter workout that may or may not work for her.

I appreciate the help from everyone. My interview is at 4:30!