View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Never ceases to amaze me how many people believe that a workout is a magic weight loss bullet. There is this myth for many that if they only find the right workout, the weight will drip off.

I wish that were the case.

After nearly 30 years of exercise, there is one thing I know - the more I exercise, the hungrier I get. Weight loss is about self-control, not workouts.
Yep, many forget that it's a combination of the two, neither will work alone unless the person's diet is already at maintenance level in which case the extra exercise will push the needed calorie to excess and they lose the extra by default then anyway. And, as Soldier highlighted, weight is to a degree relative since muscle mass adds weight and in the case of females still allows loss of inches due to density of muscle tissue as opposed to as much hypertrophy as a male would see.

Weight is such a misnomer, I think it should have been altered to "fat loss" years ago then we wouldn't keep seeing the complications that a term like "weight/weight loss" can and do cause.